Thursday, October 14, 2010

Distracted...but with good reason

I've been a little distracted this week. I usually aim to write a new post a couple of times of week. I would love to write every day but unfortunately I just don't get to it (after an 11 hour day of travel and work it just doesn't happen).

I usually get my self organised for a Wednesday post to write about what I'm thankful for each week. Unfortunately this week I missed it. Oops.

But I really did have a good excuse. Hubby and I bought a new digital SLR camera yesterday and of course after lugging it home, I had to try it out. So I spent the night delicately unpacking all the bits and pieces, briefly reading the instruction booklet, charging the battery (hate that part) and then taking photos of my poor husband (very camera shy) and our little dog Max.

And before I knew it and after a phone call to my mum and sister, it was bed time. So my poor little blog was neglected for the night.

But the great news - be sure to look out for some photos as I attempt to get back in touch with my creative side. For those who are wondering we got a Nikon D3100 aimed at the beginner level SLR photographer.

I did a bit of photography at school, college (that was in the days of film) and I do still have a good old film SLR (that I can't bear to part with). However we thought this was the best option for us. The camera is for both of us, it's been a while since I regularly used an SLR and any fancier and it was out of our budget. Plus it's a great size and it offers full HD video.

Anyway, after a few weeks of ownership and driving my friends and family crazy as I shout cheese, I will share my thoughts on the camera and what it offers. But for now, I'm just going to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails