Thursday, June 3, 2010

My sex and the city

Date and time organised, tickets booked and BFF enlisted. Destination? A date with the Sex and the City girls.

Admittedly the reviews to date haven’t been great, but I simply can’t resist the opportunity to spend a few precious hours with my best friend immersing ourselves in New York, high end fashion and catching up where we left the girls at the end of the first Sex and the City movie.

We’ve watched the girls experience the highs and lows of relationships and life. I think most fans of the show can all relate to one of the characters in some way. Or perhaps there is a little bit of the girls in all of us at some stage in our lives. For me, Charlotte is probably the character I identify with the most. For many different reasons, her conservative nature, desire to find her knight in shining armour and if I had her bank account, her wardrobe.

I love spending time with the women in my life. It’s wonderful to have family and friends to share the big moments in life and the little moments that make life what it is. I’m surrounded by women at all stages of life. Some women have husbands and children, others are recently married, many enjoying their careers and others are enjoying single life. As I have moved through life the amount of time spent together has ebbed and flowed, but when we get together it’s like it has always been, comfortable, relaxed, fun and there is always laughter.

Sex and the City reminds me of how special our female relationships are. I truly believe the special moments in life are made even more so because of who we spend them with. So no matter what you think of the latest movie, be sure to make time for the wonderful women in your life.

If you need a reason to see the movie, check out the Sex and the City 2 movie trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails