Wednesday, August 4, 2010

This week I'm thankful for...

Life throws us all types of curve balls and challenges. When we think we’ve dealt with one hurdle and some smooth sailing would be good for a while, bam another obstacle presents itself. Fortunately or unfortunately this is life and all part of the journey.

Often we hear about the sad events, the tragedies and the negative experiences of life. Sure we all have happy moments and good experiences, but sometimes the positive moments of life are overshadowed by the negative and they go unnoticed and unappreciated. So this is my attempt to try and record some of the things in life I am thankful for. My intention is to do this every Wednesday. It’s halfway through the week and if my week isn’t great, then hopefully it will give me a jolt and remind me of all I can be thankful for.

I will come up with at least one thing I am thankful for. If it’s more than one, I’ll note it down as well.

So today I’m going to start with being thankful for the right to vote. Thankful that there were people in our history brave enough to campaign and fight for the right to vote, something so many of us take for granted.

We’re all aware the 2010 Federal Election has not been the most exciting election campaign to date. There is a lack of passion and debate and we’re left wanting something more from our politicians. I know I want to be inspired by the vision each leader and their party has for our nation. And I’m left wanting more.

However, the election is an opportunity for Australians to have their view and express it by casting their vote for the party they believe will deliver the best future for this nation. In my view, the right to vote is not something we should belittle or complain about. Throughout history, people fought and died for the right to vote. Today in countries around the world, people are desperate to vote in fair elections. I think we should remember this come August 21 when we take a few minutes out of our day to cast a vote. My wish is that every Australian does this responsibly.

I'd love to hear what you're thankful for this week.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post.... really good read...
    Im thankful for my family ...I have my parents with me for 6 weeks so we are having an awesome family time....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails