Wednesday, August 11, 2010

This week I'm thankful for...a hint of spring

Ok it’s Wednesday which means I’m sharing what I’m feeling thankful for this week.

I’m feeling thankful for a little bit of sunshine and a hint of spring. I don’t enjoy winter – it’s cold, it’s dark and the days are far too short. I’m more of a spring and summer person. I love those seasons for the warmer weather, the sunshine, longer days and daylight saving. While I love the warmer months, I also have to take extra care with my skin since I am a red head with fair skin to match.

The weekend weather consisted of cloudless blue skies and the right amount of sunshine. I took a few moments to relax in our backyard with our little dog Max. I took stock of the vegetable patch, herb garden and the peace and quiet while Max snuggled into my lap. It is in these moments that I remember why a backyard was a must have when we bought our home and why we spend hours each day commuting to work.

So with less than three weeks to go until the end of winter, I’m eagerly anticipating the start of spring, the onset of warmer weather and daylight saving (love those extra hours of light at the end of the day).

1 comment:

  1. Me too! Thank goodness the days are starting to get a bit longer and its getting that little bit lighter for the early morning starts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails