Sunday, August 1, 2010

A trip down memory lane

I took a surprise trip down memory lane yesterday and relived the cartoons of the 1980s! I’m a child of 80s and while as adults now we look back on that time and laugh at the culture, mainly the fashion, music, television shows and society in general, the reality is that time in our lives is part of who we are today! And what was really wrong with fluro, perms and scrunchies?

Do you have a favourite cartoon from your childhood, maybe it’s been remade in recent years or the original still lingers in your memory? If so and you remember the 1980s, then take a look at this online slideshow titled 'the top 20 greatest '80s cartoons' and enjoy!

For me, as a child in the 80s life was pretty good. I have many fond memories of that time, the television shows, the toys (my parents owned a toy store when I was growing up so my sister and I were incredibly lucky in the toy department), the music, the fashion and of course Australian culture. So when I came across this slideshow online I had a great time flicking through the 20 most awesome cartoons of the 80s.

When talking about our childhood, my hubby and I can both recall a lot of events, television shows, music and movies, but because there is a three year age difference there are often things I don’t remember. Plus I spent a lot of my childhood immersed in books which is something he didn’t experience to the same extent I did, since he was too busy being a boy and playing sport.

So after I came across this slideshow we sat down together to see what cartoons we could remember and reminisce about our favourites.

Here’s my top five (which blew out to my top seven)


1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

2. The Smurfs

3. Babar

4. Duck Tales

5. Gummi Bears

6. Chip and Dale’s Rescue Rangers

7. Inspector Gadget

Further note – I love The Jetsons and while the first series of episodes was recorded in the 1960s, further episodes were produced in the 1980s (thanks Wikipedia).

Let me know what yours are!

2 comments:

  1. They still show Babar on ABC2 through the day. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was one of my favourites too. And I will always associate the Smurfs with getting ready for school (along with He-man and She-ra).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember watching He-man ...cant remember if I liked it or nor or if it was just on cause both my brothers wanted it on.... i guess some TV was better than no TV back then ....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails