Sunday, September 26, 2010

What beauty products make you feel fabulous?

My beauty drawer is a collection of tried and tested products, representing a range of product names and prices. Over the years I like to think I've learnt enough about cosmetics and my skin to determine what works best for me. Maybe, maybe not? I am however willing to give most products a try! And a good recommendation always helps.

I freely admit I can be a sucker for luxurious brand names, like my Chanel and Dior lipglosses, but other times when I realise how ridicously expensive beauty products can be, I try a cheaper brand and am usually pleasantly surprised by the result. So I thought I'd share a few of my favourite beauty products; products that I really do adore and that make me feel a million dollars.

Chanel lip gloss. I love lipgloss and this one goes on like satin. It also doesn't have the sticky feel that some lipglosses have. Plus there's something to be said for occasionly splurging on a luxurious lipgloss.

Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish mineral powder foundation - I have tried quite a few foundations in the search for a flawless finish. I think I may have finally found it in this product. Because it's mineral foundation, it's light and lets my skin breathe. It can be lightly applied for a more natural look or built up for better coverage or a night out. A brush set can be bought for this product as well and it includes a little one that folds into the compact. Perfect if you need to retouch during the day.

Savvy by DB concealer - I'm pretty fussy when it comes to concealer largely because I do have shadows under my eyes. This product for a bargain price of $4.99 is pretty good. It gives good coverage and blends in under my foundation.

Benefit instant eye brow pencil - as a natural redhead I am lucky to have darker eyebrows naturally but they're not very thick and tend to thin out at the ends. I was introduced to this pencil with a brush to blend the colour in. I am slowly building up the confidence to apply this product and am really liking the results. I'm starting to realise what a difference eyebrows can make to your face.

Bloom organics rosehip oil - this is a great product to apply at night before a moisturiser. Rosehip oil has a number of benefits including hydrating the skin and reducing the appearance of fine lines and any scars or marks.

Eyeshadow - I love eyeshadow and beautiful colours. I refuse to buy any more eyeshadow until I use what I already have in my busy little makeup drawer. Too many colours and shades and not enough eyelids!

Oh and another tip, I'm a huge fan of strawberrynet.com for my tried and tested cosmetics, hair care and perfume. It doesn't always have what I want, but when it does it's always a huge saving. Gotta love that!

If you have any tips to pass on or a favourite product/s to share, I'd love to hear.

1 comment:

  1. Perfume gives me the best pick-me-up. Cinema was given to me as a gift a while a go, and I love it. As far as other cosmetics go, I rely heavily on my Napoleon concealer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails